Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rubber



Psychokinetic tires and exploding bunny rabbits are fun for the whole family! I never thought I would watch a movie about a tire, that's not a typo a rubber tire with head exploding psychokinetic powers. Rubber is a horror comedy directed by Quentin Dupieux.
The movie is about Robert a rubber tire. Robert discovers it has psychokinetic powers and goes on a murderous rampage. Why does it go on a murderous rampage? No reason. The movie is a homage to why things happen in movies randomly. It tells you that in the beginning. It also has a second story going on that's kind of hidden by the tire story. But I think the less I say about the film here the better.
After watching the trailer I was expecting more of a cheesy fun movie. It's more of a strange dark comedy. I did get a few good laughs out of it though. The special effects were actually really good for a movie about a killer tire. Some of the exploding things in the movie looked pretty good. Rubber is probably going to be one of those hit or miss movies with people. I will give the film bonus points for being original really can't say I've seen anything like it. I thought it could have been a little better and more fun but after all it is a movie about a killer tire.
5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment