Friday, June 8, 2012

Prometheus

I grew up on the Alien movies and they are a huge favorite of mine. With that being said I went into this a little worried about what I was going to see. But I couldn't have asked for anything more. The story in this is complex so I'm going to keep explaining it short. I don't want to ruin any thing for those who haven't seen it. A group of scientists discover a cave painting with a constellation in it. The same constellation appeared on different paintings from different civilizations through out history. None of the civilizations were ever in contact with each other. The scientists believe the constellation is a invitation or a map to the origin of human life. It's found that the constellation actually lines up to a group of planets which the people who painted them would have no way of actually seeing it with the technology available at those times. A few years after the discovery a group of scientists are put together on space ship Prometheus to travel through space to investigate the theory and search for the origin human race. They then discover one of these planets could actually support life and might just find more then they bargain for.

 I was blown away by what I saw. The story was great and very complex. The movie kept me thinking from beginning to end. The cast was just awesome and the acting was great. Especially Noomi Rapace I've never seen her in anything before and she really got my attention in this with a great performance. The visuals and special effects in this were so amazing a good mix of practical effects and CGI. As a fan of the original Alien I loved this. Even if you aren't a fan of the original this is a great sci-fi movie on it's own. I highly recommend seeing this one in the theater! It's one of those movies if you don't see it on the big screen you will regret it later.
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment